Monday, 31 August 2009
Queuing
Isn't it funny how we queue when there's no need to. After a weekend at Mum & Dad's I planned my drive home via Tesco for food and fuel. When I arrived in the car park all the shoppers were standing outside the shop as the fire alarm was ringing. Unlike many other people I sensibly stayed in the car and waited until people started moving in - it was raining at the time as well. But others decided to get out of their cars and wait in the rain and seemed strangely drawn to what would appear to be the back of the queue so that they weren't cutting in the front when people were eventually allowed back in. I was waiting about 15 mins in my lovely warm car with music to pass the time. Once they were allowed back in though it was chaos as everyone started their shopping at the same time and moved around at roughly the same pace, while others searched for which aisle they had abandoned their trolleys in when the alarm had started! It reminded me that online shopping and delivery looks a very attractive alternative.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Queueing isn't what it used to be though. No more British reserve! I got on a bus in York this afternoon and had to elbow my way on, as there had been no proper queue, and the bus stopped half way along the bus shelter anyway, not at the front end where the queue would have started if there had been one!
Post a Comment