So after a lovely day on Friday, then official Birthday arrived on Saturday. So many people obviously thought I'd forgotten how old I was going to be so they kindly gave me lots of cards with a big 30 on the front to remind me.
Matthew, Charlie and Abi came round after breakfast and we started to get ready for my BBQ in the evening which involved putting up the gazebo that next door had kindly lent me in anticipation that the great English weather in the middle of August is not as good as you might expect. Auntie's Pauline and Sandra arrived after lunch which was lovely and then it was back to preparations. I think we would have planned to be a little bit further on in the preparation by 4pm but we weren't! So there was a lot of hard work put in by Mum, Dad and Sal - Big Thanks!
Then it was party time! Mum & Dad had brought with them some (not too) embarrassing photos of me spanning my 30 years, which were generally quite amusing - I still think the Noddy fancy dress costume was the best! I had a lovely evening so thank you to everyone that made it on the evening and to those who couldn't make it thank you for the messages, cards and presents.
Sunday was a fairly quiet affair, more fun with Abi who decided that at 23 months she is old enough to swig out of the wine bottle (don't worry it had been finished and washed out!) and to try on all of my shoes again, it was obviously so much fun when she'd done it on Saturday that they all got pulled out again!
So this is it, I'm now officially out of my 20s, no major lightening bolts, sudden aching bones, loss of memory...so maybe I'll survive my 30s after all :)
Sunday, 17 August 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Of course you will! And apparently 40 is the new 30, so you've got loads of time to carry on being young!
Post a Comment