Friday, 9 January 2009
First Week
I managed to make it to the end of my first week in my new job at Yorkshire Housing, but I'm so tired. I thought first weeks were always fairly quiet just getting used to things, find out who people are and get into doing a little bit of work. That lasted about 1 day, then it's just been busy ever since. I did think I was sitting in a disciplinary in Sheffield on Tuesday which then changed to a grievance meeting in Huddersfield which then got cancelled so at least I've had a few more days before I need to start providing any real advice! The travelling has started already though with a day out in Bradford on Wednesday to meet the other 2 HR Advisers, and I'm out in Sheffield for two days next week which should help with getting to know a few more people. The useful thing is that we all have name badges so at least I'm not having to remember who is everyone is just yet, I just have to have a sneaky look down at their badge if I've forgotten who they are already!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment